SME sector has become more active and plays a very important role in society. The Government also encourages to develop and make a strong SME sector in Sri Lanka by giving various promotions. On the other hand SME can create higher volume of jobs opportunities than usual formal organizations can. Presently more and more young men and women try to start their own businesses rather than working under someone.
NAITA is one of the leading vocational training providers in Sri Lanka and provides employable skills to the youth through the apprenticeship training system. Therefore all trainees trained in NAITA fully or partially gain their training in a work environment or business environment. This feature would be very much favourable for them to manage small enterprises/businesses at the end of their training. An entrepreneurial skill helps a person to make his/ her career a success.
Having identified the importance of Entrepreneurship, NAITA has established a division to work on this.
- Conducting Entrepreneurship Awareness programmes for diplomates.
- Conducting Entrepreneurship Development programmes varying from 5 days to 14 days.
- Implementing Know About Business (KAB) training programmes for apprentices with coordination of the SIYB association of Sri Lanka.
- This ED section of NAITA conducts tailor made programmes for NGOâ€™s and other community development agencies.
Course Contents for Entrepreneurship Development Programme:
- Personnel Entrepreneurship Competencies
- Business Environment
- Goal Setting
- Resource Identification
- Business Idea Generation
- Business Idea Screening
- Bank Evaluation of Business Plan
- Business Plan Preparation
- Business Idea Selection
Subject areas covered at Know About Business (KAB) Programmes:
- What is Enterprise
- Why Entrepreneurship
- Who are Entrepreneurs
- How do I Become an Entrepreneur
- How do I Organize an Enterprise
- How do I operate an Enterprise
- What are the steps to become an Entrepreneur
More than 50 Master Trainers are there all over the country to conduct these programmes in Sinhala and Tamil medium.
For more details Please contact:
Enterprenurship Development Division
No. 971, Sri Jayawardenapura Mawatha,
Tel. 0112 888782-7