To become the most efficient training providing organization effectively contributing to achieve prosperity in Sri Lanka through Human Resource Development.
Providing vocational and Technical Training for youth, to acquire employable skills through well formulated skills programs with highest professional Standards to meet the skilled manpower requirement in the industry.
- Planning, organizing and providing vocational training.
- Specifying standards in relation to vocational training.
- Conducting of examinations and issuing of certificates and other awards in relation to vocational training.
- Conducting National Trade Tests.
- Preparation and delivery of related instruction.
- Conducting research and development in vocational training.
- Holding of competitions to promote the development of various skills.
- Developing the training capacities of establishments and other institutions providing vocational training.
- Advising the Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission in regard to vocational training.
Forming links with institutions in Sri Lanka and abroad having similar objects and to equating and or Validating Certificates, Diplomas and Degrees in allied subjects and courses.